Sunday, November 23, 2008

Nov 15-16 – Weekends are always the hardest time when traveling alone. There is a lot of time to think about and miss the family. Fortunately, on this trip I was able to figure a way to use Skype to call home on a regular basis over the Internet for no cost. This has been a real blessing. The quality of the calls is amazing when you realize you are talking halfway around the world. Over the weekend, I went walking and then spent some time in the hotel room reading a book about China. It is truly an interesting country, especially of you put aside the biases we may have from things we have heard or read in the U.S. I also went to the China Nationalities Museum. This is an anthropological museum as well as a complex to reconstruct, collect, display and study the ethnic cultures, histories and social life of the 56 nationalities of China (http://www.emuseum.org.cn/eindex.htm).

No comments: