July 27, 2009 – today was full of the mundane everyday things I do here… I took a walk, finished the blog for last week and posted it, worked on my Chinese (which can really takes hours EVERY day!), doing laundry, and then we spent a lovely evening together here at the apartment.
July 28, 2009 – I spent quite a bit of time on my Chinese really trying to figure out what sentences are asking or saying. I also finished up my laundry.
July 29, 2009 – I researched more Chinese to learn more why’s of how their sentences are structured to try to understand the language better. Things like I went for a walk, she went for a walk, he went for a walk or they went for a walk come up of course different but on Rosetta Stone it does not give the English translation. I needed to know what the difference was between the sentences. I guess it is just the way I learn or something. I took a nice walk this afternoon to enjoy the beautiful scenery at the park. As the close of this visit comes near I get kind of sad as I walk through the park knowing I will be missing it for another month.
July 30, 2009 – Packing, packing, packing…that seems like the subject of the day as I get ready for our trip home. Floyd is away on a business trip so I need to get everything done and ready when he gets home.
July 31, 2009 – today we headed back home to Idaho. It is great to be able to see the grandchildren again. We also have Molly fly in to see everyone tomorrow. Then Jen (Matt’s wife) and their 2 boys are going to drive up from Salt Lake City (where they have been visiting her parents) on Sunday to spend a couple days visiting. We are looking forward to that also. Until next month when we head back to China Aug. 31st, 再见 --- zai jian (goodbye).
No comments:
Post a Comment